Managing your items in the web mode
Master the skills of using 1Password in the web mode:
To fill in your item to login, you can do this in two different ways:
1. Go to your Logins category in the vault mode, tap on a Login item and then tap on its URL to open it in the browser to fill in. If you do a long tap on the website, you can select Open to open it in 1Password’s browser.
2. If you’re in the web mode already, simply tap on the 1Password key icon in the browser toolbar and 1Password will automatically show you the items available for the site you’re viewing.
Filling in other data
While you’re browsing the web and also doing some shopping, you can also tap on the 1Password key to see your Identities and Credit Cards items on the bottom toolbar next to the Login items to fill those in.
If you need to copy other data that’s not used for filling in, you can tap on the > arrow next to the item’s title to see its details.
In the web mode, you can view your item’s details by tapping on the 1Password key and then tap on the right arrow next to the item’s title.
From there, you’ll be able to tap on the information you need to copy into the site. This is extremely useful when 1Password can’t fill in the data because of the way the site’s login form is designed, like random security questions.
While viewing your item’s details, you can tap on Edit on top right to edit your data without having to switch to the vault mode.
One of the reasons you’d want to do this is to update the password for the site; you edit the item, generate a new password in the password field, save it and then switch back to the site to paste into the site’s Update Account Information form to update it.
By default, the password generator is set to copy your password to the clipboard when generating a new password. If you turned this off, you’d need to manually copy the password to paste into the form.
An example of updating the password for an item and its site
Here’s an example of updating the password for Facebook’s site after logging in:
1. Go to Facebook’s Settings > Account’s Settings > Passwords
2. Copy the password from your Facebook’s Login item and paste it in the old password field
3. Now, view and then tap on Edit on top right; generate a new password in the password field and then save it by pressing Done on top right
4. Now, paste in the newly generated password twice in both the New Password fields and press Change Password. You should see a success message and if you do, you’re all updated!